Monday 9 July 2012

Tutorial | Simple French with a Summer Twist

The classic summer style to wear on your nails has to be the traditional French Polish. A clear or sheer pink base with white tips, designed to look like your own nails, only better! However, this look does get boring when worn every day, so I decided to breathe some life into this common style by injecting some colour.

I used Revlon Nail Enamel in Dreamer for the base coat, Barry M Nail Paint in Navy for the tips and some French Tip Guides I had. However, the guides are optional - I did my other hand without guides and with some practice this can look better than the results I got from using the guides.

First of all I painted my nails with two coats of the light blue polish. Make sure to let it dry thoroughly.


When it is completely dry, apply your guides to the nails. Then paint the tips with the navy polish. Allow it to dry completely. (If you are not using guides, just paint the tips free-hand.)

Once the polish is completely dry, remove the guides and ta-da! Summery nails in less than 10 minutes!


Comment below and let me know if you tried out this nail look yourself :)

Revlon Nail Enamel in Dreamer is available from Boots or Superdrug for £6.49 and Barry M Nail Paint in Navy is available from Superdrug or Boots for £2.99.

2 comments: