Tuesday 4 September 2012

Review | Heaven and Earth Palette


 I know I'm a little late on the bandwagon with this post, but I have gotten so much use out of this palette in the past few months that I had to mention it! MUA are famous for their superbly high quality cosmetics at extremely affordable prices - who could say no to twelve eyeshadows for £4? Definitely not me anyway!


The Heaven and Earth palette is MUA's first take on the Urban Decay Naked Palette. It contains a collection of the lighter shades from the Naked Palette, focusing on soft browns and sandy shades, with a few darker taupes and a gold shade. Basically, this palette is everything you need to create your standard neutral eye.

Shades with flash - personally I think this gives a better representation of the colours.
 The packaging of the palette is very sturdy and practical. It definitely does not reflect the very modest price of the product. Its pans are circular in shape which I personally love - the less product contaminating its neighbours the better! It does come with a dual ended applicator, but I very rarely use this. One use I have found for this applicator is for applying eyeshadow on top of your eyeliner to set it. This means your eyeliner lasts much longer - especially on your waterline.

No flash

 The consistency of these shadows is generally very good. A small amount of fallout does occur, which can make the palette look quite messy. However, this very rarely translates on to the eyes themselves which I appreciate. The lightest shade on the top left can be a little chalky, but if blended smoothly into the skin it loses some of this texture and becomes a lot smoother. The rest of the shadows are of a smooth consistency and texture which I am a big fan of. The eyeshadows also last for an extremely long time on my eyes.

Swatched in the same order they appear in the palette
As for the shades themselves, I think they are lovely! The top left shade is a gorgeous browbone highlight, the third from the right on the top row is beautiful as a warm, golden base for your shadows and the second from the right on the bottom row and the shade on the far right of the bottom row are both great for defining your crease and even creating a slightly 'smokey' effect. The only shades I'm not as impressed with are the third from the left on the top row and the farthest right on the top row.  The former can be rather yellow toned and 'dirty' looking, while the latter is slightly too orange based for my skin tone and I find it hard to blend. A real cracker is the second from the left on the bottom row - I use this shade on my eyebrows!

All in all, this is a fantastic product at an amazing price! It was my first eyeshadow palette and in my opinion is a great starter kit. Definitely check this out next time you're in Superdrug!

The MUA Heaven and Earth palette is available from Superdrug or the MUA store for £4.00.

9 comments:

  1. This Palette has some gorgeous colours. There is quite a few MUA Palettes Im lusting after right now.

    Sara xx
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I've managed to get my hands on Undressed, I'm sorted! For now... ;)

      Delete
  2. Great post, I have the palette and I love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm in love with this palette - I use it every day! xx

      Delete
  3. pretty!

    p.s. I'm having a giveaway from Sunglasses Shop if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, I love the colours in this palette! Definitely going to try it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I love the shades, such a lush palette for only £4!

      Delete
  5. Need to get my hands on some MUA products :)

    I’m also running a giveaway so would love if you could enter! http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/happy-friday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really a very nice post and informative Blog. Painmeds365 is a popular and reputed online pharmacy located in the USA. Enjoy further discounts when you buy in bulk. We sell a wide range of effective and very affordable anxiety remedies that you can order from your own home from our curated website.

    Buy Citra Tablets
    Tapentadol Online
    Pain O Soma 350mg
    Buy Jpdol Tablets

    ReplyDelete