Saturday 29 September 2012

Tag | My Makeup History

 As a little 'get to know me' post for the benefit of all my new followers (eek! exciting!) I thought I'd do the 'My Makeup History' tag. This will hopefully let you all get to know my skin type and makeup tastes a little better!

1. How long have you been wearing makeup?
I started wearing makeup when I was about 12 years old. This usually consisted of some brown or clear mascara and some eyeshadow for special events. I started wearing foundation regularly from the age of roughly 13 or 14 onwards. I was quite late onto the bandwagon with blush and bronzer - it wasn't until I was 16 that I really started taking makeup seriously!

2. What was your favourite makeup product in the beginning?
The first makeup product I ever bought was a brown Miss Sporty XX Volume mascara. I wore Max Factor Lasting Performance foundation for a while, before moving onto the famous Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse.

My first ever makeup purchase - how cute!
[Image from aiszaperfumy.pl]




3. What is your favourite makeup product now?
Either my Maybelline Express Volum mascara, my MUA Undressed Palette or my Collection 2000 concealer.

4. What were some of your favourite brands in the beginning?
I loved Natural Collection and Rimmel for makeup and Barry M for nail polish.

5. What are some of your favourite brands now?
I love bareMinerals for foundations and blusher, Maybelline for eyeshadow and mascara and MUA in general!

Words cannot describe my love for MUA!
[Image from vonvonsinterests.blogspot.co.uk]


6. How would you describe your makeup style?
Natural! I tend to go for a brown toned eyeshadow, with a coral blush and a natural lip. I'm a bit wary of very bright makeup looks, as I'm not sure whether they suit me or not!

7. What is your everyday makeup like?
bareMinerals powder foundation or Stila tinted moisturiser, with a bareMinerals primer, a few coats of mascara, a coral blush and a natural toned lip butter.

8. What is your going out makeup like?
I usually play it safe, but I'll add some darker browns into my eye looks, with perhaps some liquid liner and a more opaque lip. I'm still very timid though!

9. What makeup look are you known for?
A natural, flawless finish. (Concealer is a girl's best friend...)

10. What is the worst beauty crime you have committed?
I did go through a phase of wearing foundation that was too pale for me, with black eyeliner. I went through a 'scene' stage where I did the above and backcombed my hair. I was a cool kid, honest.


11. What is the worst beauty crime you are proud to have not committed?
Scouse brows! I detest girls who fill in their eyebrows too heavily, I think it just looks awful! I'll either fill mine in with a blonde or light brown shadow or just leave them.

Err... NOT a good look!

12. What is one beauty trend your were part of but now aren't a fan of?
The heavy black eyeliner. I find it just doesn't suit me now. I'm not sure whether it's my skin tone or my eye shape, but it just makes me look silly!

13. What is one trend you are proud to say you were never a part of?
Neon. I think neon is the tackiest, most awful thing ever. Neon nails are okay, but anything else is just disgusting!

14. What is one look you are unlikely to go for?
Probably bright eye looks. I'm very much a neutrals girl, not brave enough for anything else!

15. If you were brave enough to wear any look what would it be?
I'd love to wear bright lipstick and to be able to contour my cheekbones. With my ghostly pale skin however, that's never been an option for me.

Basically I just want to look like Zoe from Zoella. Can I be her, please?

16. An old Holy Grail product of yours?
The Maybelline Express Volum mascara - does what it says on the tin! Fab volume and length with no clumps. Sorted.

17. A new Holy Grail product of yours?
My MUA Mosaic Bronzer in Sunkissed glow. I bought it to use as a contour/typical bronzer but I've found it works amazingly as a natural blush if worn just below the cheekbones.

No comments:

Post a Comment