Friday 28 September 2012

Stop what you're doing and admire this...

 ... oh my, someone pinch me.


This has to be one of the most perfect palettes I've seen in a long time. Just look at those shades. Admire them. Take them in. Oh my. Wow.

This beauty is the limited edition 'The September Issue' palette from bareMinerals' READY line of pressed powder cosmetics. Enough from me, let's hear what bareMinerals have to say about this gem:
"It's the biggest issue of the year in the fashion world. bareMinerals READYTM Eyeshadow in The September Issue is your perfect palette for this season's 'in' colours.
It provides exceptionally vivid, long-wearing colour in an ultra smooth, silky texture for effortless application and seamless blendability. Powered by our proprietary SeaNutritive MineralTM Complex along with powerful antioxidants, cold-pressed borage oil, caffeine and cucumber-ingredients known to deliver anti-aging benefits including reduced look of puffiness and antioxidant protection for a softer, smoother, revitalized eye area. It looks like a powder but feels like a cream and delivers a beautifully smooth application of vivid, long-wearing colour."
Some claims, eh? As a bit of a bareMinerals junkie, I can definitely agree with the claims that their products "look like a powder but feel like a cream". Their foundations and blushes buff into the skin so smoothly, turning into a velvet finish with very good pigmentation. I've never tried any of their eyeshadows however, as they've always been out of my price range. 

Onto the most important bit - the shades!

Please note, the image above is computer generated and therefore makes all the shades seem matte. As I don't own this palette, I couldn't take my own images. See the first image for a better representation of the shades.
The shades are as follows: Couture - a dark bronzy wooden shade; Silhouette - a milky cream highlight shade; Statement - a vibrant bright purple with golden shimmer; Pret-A-Porter - a true gold with shimmer; Très Chic - a matte shade of warm champagne; Editor's Pick - a deep seaweed teal; Glitterati - a really girly baby pink and finally Ensemble - a dark smokey purple.

This palette is bang on trend with this season's Autumn/fall looks. I'm just imagining the colourful smokey eyes and colour blocking looks I could do with this baby. The only drawback? The price. £35.00 for eight shadows? Ouch.

Well, a girl can dream, right? xx

No comments:

Post a Comment